Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Good job, Hunter!


Hunter is soooo different from the girls. Not only because he's a boy, but for a few other reasons.
1) Won't take a bottle. Refuses.
2) Love baths. When the girls were little, none of them liked a bath. Hunter loves them!
3) Does not like baby food -- even bananas and sweet potatoes. Everyone loves bananas. Nope Hunter won't eat it!
This really wouldn't be a big deal, but the doctor wants him to "beef up" a bit. He's only in the 5th-10th percentile for weight. He's long and lean -- oh and did I mention, has a big head.
Any way, I work on it every day to see if at some point he'll take the food. Here's an example of our feedings:
Me: Yummy, yummy (shove the baby food in his mouth.)
Hunter: (takes the bite, disgusted face)
Me: Yea, Hunter. Good job!
Hunter: (gives mommy a big smile) -- gotta give positive reinforcement at all ages.
Me: Yummy, Yummy, Yummy -- said in my best cookie monster voice
Hunter: (smiles because he loves his mommy so much -- quick shove another spoonful into his mouth -- disgusted face and spits some out)
Me: Good job, Hunter! Yea, Buddy Boy!
Hunter: (half-hearted smile)
This dialogue continues until he clamps his mouth shut tight. At least we got in a few spoonfuls today!

6 comments:

Christy said...

This is a GREAT picture!! He's got the cutest grin and with the colors it looks professional!

XO said...

I love how every child is different. He is so stinkin' cute - it doesn't look like his head is big to me...but I guess I'm used to Ben's :)

Erin said...

I dont' think he has a big head either, however, he's in the 95th percentile for the size of his head. :)

Jade said...

Jase laughed at me when I fed our babies, because apparently I open my mouth when I want them to open their mouth. It's an intense job.

The Wilsons said...

Love that picture of Hunter!!

Larry and Karri said...

Hunter looks so cute in that photo! I'm sure he'll come around to solid foods eventually. :) I never thought Randy was, but after 2 months of trying he FINALLY ate a whole jar of baby food yesterday and today without any crying! Wahoo - cross that one off my New Year's resolutions list!