Thursday, March 26, 2009

Watch out! Here comes "Trouble!"


When Rebecca starting walking we nicknamed her "Trouble" because she was always getting into things and making loads of messes. She still manages to whip out a disaster in seconds. Usually when we are glancing at one mess, she's off making another one. She doesn't just make a mess with toys. Recently at meal times, she has started throwing food or her plate on the floor. Last night was no exception.


We had tacos, cottage cheese, chips and rice for dinner. She had on her plate -- taco meat, shredded cheese, cottage cheese, salsa (that's the only way she'll eat her chips), and some rice. She finished most of her food when she decided to start dumping. This being her third mealtime mess, I was getting a little frustrated.


Since Breanna was in still in the kitchen eating her dinner I asked in my most frustrated voice:
"Breanna, why does Rebecca keep making such a mess?"

Breanna replied in her trying-to-comfort-Mom-voice:
"Her not know better, Mom. Her just little."


It never ceases to amaze me how little children repeat everything you say to them. I can't tell you how many times I've said this to Breanna when she's been frustrated with Rebecca because she's been taking her toys. It was such a sweet voice.

7 comments:

Breanne said...

Your blog header pic & background look great!

Sweet story - you're the angel & I'm the devil according to our blog posts today - both about children repeating what we say - one in a good way (yours) and one in a bad way (mine, see? - devil.)
;)

Taya tosses her food off the high chair all the time too; I don't know how to get her to stop, so I'm just convinced she'll get over it eventually. If there is a way to get it to stop, somebody tell me.

Good luck to us!

The Young's said...

I have to keep reminding Kevin that Mattson doesn't know better (despite what Kevin tells me).

Hope she stops doing it soon. I'm sure its just a phase.

Janalee said...

sweet little breanna

Christy said...

Thats so sweet!

Mels said...

Oh yes, that seems to be how it is. Too funny!

Larry and Karri said...

How cute! I love those little stories that you post. :)

paula said...

I like your new post picture of you, you look great.
Love ya!