Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break

For Spring Break I thought it would be fun to visit a few museums and have the cousins over. 
Bruce took Monday off for his birthday and we were going to make a morning of it. 
WHO KNEW ALL THE MUSEUMS IN MESA ARE CLOSED ON MONDAYS??????
We managed to find other things to do on Monday -- however Sarah felt like it was the worst day of her life!

Tuesday night we had a sleep over with the cousins.  There were EIGHT kids here ages 9 and under.  I was beginning to think,
"Hey it's easy to have this many kids! 
They are playing together, having fun, and I'm getting stuff done. 
I think I might be able to do this." 
Then a few words came to my mind, "teenagers," "wedding expenses," ...
I decided maybe it was a good idea when the doctor said, "Sorry you can't have anymore."
They played, and played, and played some more.
We had movie night complete with popcorn and candy,
decorating cookies and eating them, and
just spending a fun time together.
Auntie Meg made these cute felt bows for just the occasion!

Wednesday we headed to the library and got a boat-load of books.  Sarah is really enjoying the Magic Treehouse Collection.  Breanna and Rebecca were just excited to get some more picture books.  Hunter, of course, went along just for the ride. We got lucky and saw the Snake Man presentation.  He was really funny -- scared some of the kids -- but a good show.  In the end the kids got to pet his extremely large yellow anaconda.

Thursday we hit the AZ Museum of Natural History and Friday was the AZ Museum for Youth.  Here are the pics:
Hunter loved this little jeep.  He kept wanting to get in.  The mark on his cheek is from the art project.  He discovered the joy of markers!
The AZ Museum for Youth has a baseball display right now.  It's awesome! 
There's a flood every 20 minutes in this section. 
It was fun to watch from a different floor every time we saw it.
Just thought I'd clarify this picture --
I wanted to get a picture of the kids in front of the T-Rex so bad because they all love the movie, "Night at the Museum".  It was the end of our visit and we were in a hurry so I didn't check the picture to make sure it came out well.  Here's the scoop:
Sarah did not wet her pants. 
It was from the panning for gold section. All three girls managed to get soaked!
Breanna's eyes -- the flashed must have hit her just right to produce alien eyes. 

The last picture from our visit. 
It was a fun week!

2 comments:

paula said...

Looks like lots of fun. We love the Museum for YOuth, always a neat exhibit and Jordon love the flood too. I thought it was pretty cool.

And it looks like you survived the slumber party. What a good break.

See you on Tuesday.

Larry and Karri said...

Looks like you guys all had fun! What a nice mom/dad you and Bruce are. :) I've been the museum for youth too and have really enjoyed it.