The funny thing about this is I used to hate quilting! I mean disliked it to the core! I think the dislike came from having to hand stitch quilt my older's siblings wedding quilts. No fun for a teenager. I love piecing it together and seeing something beautiful come from it. So much fun! Can't wait to do another one!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Inspiration
My niece Brittany made this cute wall quilt, which was the inspiration for the kitchen paint color. I just love the bright fun colors together. Sometime I want to make a valance for the kitchen windows with a fabric similar to these. Sooo cute!
Brittany inspired this creation through an idea from my sister. It was made for my mom for Mother's Day from me and my sisters.
In turn, that inspired this cute quilt for my sister's upcoming baby Andie Jean. I think it's just about the cutest thing I've ever done! This is just a sneak peek. After the baby shower on Saturday, I'll take pictures of the quilt (done by me and my mom), the valance, and the bedskirt. Oh, so cute!!!! I love how the fabrics go together.

The funny thing about this is I used to hate quilting! I mean disliked it to the core! I think the dislike came from having to hand stitch quilt my older's siblings wedding quilts. No fun for a teenager. I love piecing it together and seeing something beautiful come from it. So much fun! Can't wait to do another one!
The funny thing about this is I used to hate quilting! I mean disliked it to the core! I think the dislike came from having to hand stitch quilt my older's siblings wedding quilts. No fun for a teenager. I love piecing it together and seeing something beautiful come from it. So much fun! Can't wait to do another one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those are all very pretty. That is a talent I would like see if I have one day.
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL! I just had a small dose of quilting this month too and I may just be a fan in the upcoming months/years (I'm a SLOW learner)
As one of your loyal readers,:) I can't wait to see the pictures of the whole quilt. It is quite adorable. I can't wait to see what the next episode of Quilting with Erin will entail. I love it!
Way cute quilt!! I LOVE the colors!! Andy will love it!
Post a Comment