Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's, Updates, and Cuteness

Better late than never in telling about our fun little Valentine's day!


My cute hubby and girls gave me chocolate and flowers! I told Bruce that all I really wanted for Valentine's was for him to make me a scrumptious (love that word) meal and watch a chick flick with me. We have still been recovering from this horrible cold/cough/sinus headaches for a while and I just wanted to stay home. For dinner he made filet minon, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and shrimp cocktail. What a feast! Of course the children ate with us.

Erin: This steak is so tender. Thank you so much for the wonderful dinner.
Bruce: Your welcome.
Rebecca is eating her steak by the handfulls and later throwing her food across the table.
Breanna needs more meat.
Sarah didn't get enough potato.
Hunter is screaming in the background because he woke up too early from his nap and is still tired.
After dinner we got the children ready for bed, then in bed -- so we thought. The two oldest had a hard time staying in bed. Rebecca, we think, is getting her molars in, starts crying uncontrollably. Hunter isn't being very cooperative about going to bed either. There we were -- finally got the two oldest to stay in bed, Hunter's in bed, and Rebecca is sitting with us watching "Sweet Home Alabama". Yep, Happy Valentine's Day!

Thankfully, we are all getting better. It's been a little rough for us. We're still not at 100%, but feel like we're heading in the right direction. Just in case you were wondering about our little "rockstar."

Here she is! The other night the kids got in our closet and started putting on my shoes. Sarah pulls out my boots, puts them on, and says, "Now I really look like a rock star, don't I?" Of course we agreed with her. Bruce proceeds to show her how to do "air guitar".






Then, here's a few pics of our cuties!

Breanna said, "Mom, take a picture of me and Hunter." I tried. She never would look at the camera!














Here's Mr. Cuteness himself. Yep, I just want to kiss his little face all the time! He's thinking about crawling. For now, he knows how to roll his way over to things he wants. Eating baby food for the most part, and we're still working on the bottle issue! I don't nurse kids with teeth -- and they're on their way.




















Here's little Miss Cuteness! Don't let her fool you though! She knows that a kitchen chair will get her anything she wants when she wants it! Someday she will be a great mother!















3 comments:

Marnie said...

What a cute little family!

Breanne said...

Yeah, I feel bad for you guys that you have all been sick so much this winter. And that's hardest on the mama I think!

Your V-day meal sounds great! Does Bruce particularly enjoy cooking? If so, how nice!

I think Rebecca should come over & play with Taya soon - they can push their babies in their strollers together!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

paula said...

What a romantice Valentines day:) Hah, welcome to reality. See what romance blessed you with. Fun, Fun, Fun. They are all so cute and you do an awesome job at mom.