Sunday, February 1, 2009

A few little dittys


Rebecca is on the mend. She's doing much better. Thank you for the phone calls to check on how she's doing. She's doing so well that she locked me out of the house the other day. Yep, locked me out and laughed.

I went outside to turn on the grill and didn't notice that she locked the arcadia door. Sneaky and quick. I turned around to open the door and it was locked! I looked at her and she just smiled her biggest smile. I told her to unlock the door and let me in. Ah, the big smile and a little chuckle. Panic is starting to set in as I think about this. The other girls were in the family room and couldn't hear me yelling for them. How am I going to get in?

Breanna comes into the kitchen. I yell for her to open the door. She had been helping me make chicken soup. I moved her chair back to the table because we were just letting it simmer on the stove. Here's that dialogue:

E -- "Breanna, open this door!"
B -- "Why you move my chair, Mom??!!"
E -- "Breanna, unlock the door please!"
B -- "I move my chair back, then I let you in."

I couldn't help but laugh at this very funny situation. I thought if anyone had a camera to see this whole scenario they'd just laugh. After Breanna moved her chair back, she did let me in.


As you know, I've been making everyone a little snow hat. I'm not a knitter. I use the little circle helper and wrap the yarn around it. I can usually get a hat done in a day. It would normally only take a couple of hours, but I have four little distractions who need their mom every once in a while. Here Rebecca is modeling Bruce's hat. Now I'm working on Rebecca's. Thanks to Sung's mom, I've learned how to make a cuter pom pom to go on top. Bruce said he didn't want one. Can't imagine why not! :)


My little "rock star to be" Sarah!

Saturday morning conversation:
S -- "I look better today than you, Breanna because I look like a rock star."
B-- "No you don't!
Mom -- "Sarah, what is a rock star? And where did you hear that?"
S -- "It was on pollypockets.com. She said to her friend that some day she wanted to be a rock star."

She was wearing a magenta short sleeve shirt and black pants. Yep, you're still on the road to being a rock star.

3 comments:

XO said...

I LOVE that she wanted to move her chair back first. That is hilarious

Breanne said...

Everything about the locked out story was funny. I know my mom has a funny story about accidentally locking me in the car when I was a toddler, and her trying to tell me to unlock the door and all that!

Crazy kids :)

Cute beanies!

Brent n Lori Turley said...

We have a similar story too. When Nicole was 1 1/2 my mom, dad, and I pulled up to Denny's to go out to eat. We all thought the other was going to get Nicole out of her car seat and ended up locking her in the car along with the keys still in the ignition! We had to call the police to get her out!