This morning I fixed some toast, and forgot about it. Yep, I think I put it in the toaster and immediately any thought or memory of doing that task left my brain. Just left it there in the toaster. Didn't burn it, but toast is NEVER good cold.
It's getting a little discouraging forgetting things ALL THE TIME now. Poor Bruce, asks me if I've done what he needed, and all I can say is ... I FORGOT. It seems like such a lame excuse, but it's the truth. Yes, I know it would help to write it all down, but then I'd spend more time writing things down than getting anything done. I really try hard to remember everything, but some days I just get so distracted. Does anyone else have this problem? What do you do to remember things?
7 comments:
We have a little white board stuck on the fridge. If it's something I really need to remember, and Alan is home, I'll have him write it up there for me. And since I use the fridge several time a day...it helps:)
I had a really good comment to make but I can't remember what it was about.
I tease that each of the kids took a 1/4 of my brain during pregnancy. So, with 4 kids, that means, no brain left! :) hee!
Think of it this way - with four little ones and all the things you remember in order to take care of them everyday, that's a lot of stuff you remember! It's just too bad there's no room left afterward :)
I often wonder what I'm going to do down the road b/c I already forget more things just with one kid!
Are you 40? I didn't think so, but this little activity only gets worse once you hit 40. I used to be able to remember everything, not anymore. I hate when I go in a room and can't remember why I needed to be there. Write it down is my best advice, though I guess you would have to put a post it on your head to remember toast.
I found these little tiny white boards (six in a pack) at the dollar store. I keep them on my fridge and write random things on them that I need to remember. But for the usual stuff, like toast, it usually takes me repeating out loud, "don't forget the toast" to commit it to memory. I learned this trick from Joel. He's not aware that he does it, but he says stuff out loud all the time and that's why I think he remembers the little things more often than I do.
I do it ALL the time. I'm SOOO forgetful. I use post its. Write stuff down, usually one word. Keep it in my wallet. It helps a lot.
Post a Comment