Today I've been organizing our closet -- what a project! I've finally taken out all the maternity clothes. Yep, completely done with those for good! Getting ready to pass those on to the next family member who might need them some day. So, I'm looking at my side of the closet and feeling it's a little empty. I feel like I need a new wardrobe. Not that it's going to happen in one shot, but it's time.
Just so you know what kind of shopper I am -- I HATE to try clothes on. I feel like it's a waste of time. But, as I have seen on What Not To Wear, trying clothes on is a must! If there is a shirt or shorts or pants that I really like, I tend to get every color that exists in that style. I would like to do better and get more of a variety of styles. I like to keep things pretty simple, and extremely low maintenance. No dry cleaning here. I'm not flashy, and don't like things with loads of flair. I just need some simple items that work with lots of different pieces. I tend to get a lot of t-shirts, so I'd like to branch out a bit and get some cute blouses -- that don't need ironing.
So, here are my questions:
* Where do you like to shop?
* Who has good discounts, but nice, durable clothes?
7 comments:
Is there a Kohl's near you? You can get some really good deals shopping clearance - in fact, I usually do my clothes shopping in small spurts shopping the clearance racks (never when I'm desperate for clothes though, because then it gets too frustrating) I love Old Navy too. Most of my wardrobe is from Shade Clothing (I got a big discount when I worked for them) but I don't recommend them for anyone that has a chest :)
I love shopping at Macy's, but that's because I worked there like 7 years ago when I got super awesome discounts during my early college years. [I applied there b/c I HATED shopping and thought I would be "safe" working there. Unfortunately it turned me into a shopaholic.) They sell some great quality clothes but I only bought them when they were on clearance. I still have several items that are really 7 years old but you can't tell because they are still in such great shape (despite my penchant for tearing and staining my clothes). I wouldn't recommend going there though unless you shop the clearance racks. I have bought clothes from Kohl's and Old Navy but they don't seem to last as long.
Ok. I think I have the hang of this now! I just posted a comment on Neil and Maggies blog. I feel like a pro now! (Oh how the simple things please us so!) I don't have any shopping advise since we live in Holbrook (and you know where we shop up here!) So you are on your own. Good Luck!
Macy's is my favorite for clothes. I tend to just shop when I feel in the mood (now it's rare). I'll try a BUNCH of stuff on and if it's not on sale and I like it, I take a mental note and size and wait until it goes on clearance. I can get something for $100 for $20. I have tried Ross and Nordstrom Rack. It's hit or miss.
Marshall's, TjMax and Nordstrom Rack are great (I find them a little more organized than Ross); but you do have to look at the washing instructions and material and decide if you think it will wash and wear well (b/c some of their items don't). Jeans at Nordstrom Rack are great!
Next Spring a store called H&M is coming - although to Scottsdale - but they have great style (some plenty simple) for great prices and a ton of variety, plus kids clothes. It's a big store in Europe and East & West Coast - just a head's up :)
How's the decorating of the house going? If you get sick of brainstorming and need anyone to brainstorm with you.... :) haha, I'm always looking for a decorating opportunity. No pressure ;)
Marshall's, TjMax and Nordstrom Rack are great (I find them a little more organized than Ross); but you do have to look at the washing instructions and material and decide if you think it will wash and wear well (b/c some of their items don't). Jeans at Nordstrom Rack are great! Gap Clearance has cheap stuff, and GOOD quality! - Really is worth checking.
Next Spring a store called H&M is coming - although to Scottsdale - but they have great style (some plenty simple) for great prices and a ton of variety, plus kids clothes. It's a big store in Europe and East & West Coast - just a head's up :)
How's the decorating of the house going? If you get sick of brainstorming and need anyone to brainstorm with you.... :) haha, I'm always looking for a decorating opportunity. No pressure ;)
Thanks for all the ideas everyone! :)
Post a Comment